Stop. same. Don’t kill giraffes now.
These examples seem ridiculous, but when it comes to household mold, they are not far from the truth. After all, the mold remediation business continues to grow, the media remains saturated with stories of families forced to leave their homes due to mold growth, and according to the Environmental Protection Agency, September is National Mold Awareness Month.
We hear the same song over and over: Mold is poisonous! If it is moldy, get rid of it! Someone thinks of children! But most templates don’t make you sick. Mold is just as dangerous to healthy adults as dirt, unwashed salad mixes, or a walk in the woods. There is always a chance, but that chance is very slim. So, why the innate fuss?
No one is ruling out scientific studies on the effect of mold exposure on humans, and there are members of the fungal kingdom that can cause asthma, allergic rhinitis, and other conditions over long-term exposure.
black mold, Stachybotrys أوراق Leaves, is a well-studied culprit, with known human effects. Because these effects are so troublesome, the word “mold” was separated from the causative organism and transformed into a four-letter word. But there are an estimated 1.5 million species of fungi on Earth, and about 30,000 known species of “molds” (about 2,000 genera). The mold processing industry generally notes that five Of these races a problem – this is 0.25%.
Here come our giraffes again. Consider the animal kingdom, and only one section: vertebrates. This extends to humans, birds, dogs, snakes, etc. Crotalus cerastes poisonous to man. This means that all dogs are dangerous too, right? of course not. We understand the huge variance in the animal kingdom but we seem to be immersed in the fungal kingdom. Just because a fungus looks or behaves like “mold” does not in any way mean that it shares characteristics with Stachybotrys. In fact, many “templates” are not only useful to humans but are part of human culture.
First consider cheese and all its wonderful varieties. Blue cheese – a family favorite – gets its color Roquefort brush. Penicillin was made primarily from Penicillium chrysanthemum And the P. Robbins. Penicillium They abound in the air around us, as do many mold spores, and when they land on a sufficiently wet and porous surface, they exude a dark green color as they grow. It reproduces profusely and is one of the most famous “molds” in the world. It is also delicious, and arguably the savior of humanity.
Meditate, then, art. human art. wood art. Renaissance masters from the 14th and 17th centuries to the 17th century created elaborate inlays for palaces and churches in Italy, Germany, and other regions of Western Europe. The distinctive blue-green color in the works from this time came from colonized wood Chlorocypurea Ocean.
Since the early alchemists and alchemists could not manufacture or harvest a similar color, blue and green Chlorocypurea It became worth its weight in gold, and its location in the forests of Western Europe became a closely guarded secret of the guild.
Scientists today use the same fungal color, known as xylindein, to help make photovoltaic cells for solar panels and batteries. post mold/fungus wood decay, Scytalidium cuboideumIt produces the reddish blue color used for textile dyeing and inkjet printing, and is known for its durability on traditionally difficult-to-dye fabrics, such as polyester.
Scytalidium cuboideum It is also a common airborne mold that evaporates heavily and can colonize hair follicles, but unfortunately, it does not give you red hair. Monascus robber Its pink/red dye used for centuries in Asia as a food colouring.
Molds are essential components of the human economy, culture and livelihoods. Mold spores stay with us all the time, whether in the bathroom or at the grocery store, and especially when we go for a nature walk. Mold spores are always present in your home, even when you can’t see them. It can be annoying when fungi grow inside your house where you don’t want them, but mold spores once grew on a Petri dish where scientists didn’t want them, and we got penicillin.
Before you throw an expensive wooden train set to your child or pay thousands of dollars for a company to spray your walls with fancy paint, remember that most “molds” are benign. The water source robs them and they die. The green dots on the ceiling shouldn’t mean anything more than you should probably look at the pipes.
Don’t go and lick an unknown mold, but don’t have a panic attack about it either. Let’s give those giraffes a chance.