School diner Julian Mansell’s home on Hamilton Road, Maltby, was overcome by a fire that had burned to a shell, leaving the family homeless and with only the clothes they were standing in.
Maltby fire: “If they had waited another five minutes, it would have doubled…
Julian and her three children were out when the fire broke out – but she was horrified when she came home to see it on fire.
Now, her brother, John, has created a crowdfunding page to try and help her get back on her feet.
He said his sister, niece, and two nephews lost everything in the house fire.
He said, “The fire broke out outside on a small plot of land next to her house. With the hot, dry weather it spread quickly and took hold of her house killing her kitten, rabbit and dog. She lost all her possessions and had nothing left. Fortunately, thank God, it was her and the children. Abroad. “
Hell left only a brick shell of the building. The stairs and ceiling disappeared. He said that even the cooker and refrigerator melted in the sweltering heat last Tuesday.
John also wants to raise awareness of what everyone in this row of homes has lost, not just his sister, who is currently living with her mother.
He said: People need beds and furniture. Julian lost everything she owned.
“The people were really kind, they donated things like children’s clothes and food. Morrisons brought food to the families when they heard what happened.
Julian is still in shock after what happened.
“I think losing a pet was the most annoying thing to her. She had her dog for five years.
“She also lost all the pictures of her children. We try to gather what we have and print them for her. I don’t think losing valuables has crossed her mind.
“It’s intestines – what happened ripped it apart. She had to stand outside the house on fire knowing what was inside.
“But we applaud the firefighters for doing so today across South Yorkshire.”