(Family Features) Maintaining a healthy diet can be tough year-round, and busier fall schedules can make those goals even harder. Finding easy-to-do favorites can keep you and your loved ones on track as you navigate these turbulent times this fall.
A simple yet delicious solution: Dole’s Chopped Salad Kits and Griddle Meal Starter Kits, which make it easy to incorporate vegetables without the hassle of cooking prep. Take the guesswork out of meal planning for your time-poor family with these limited-ingredient dishes.
Mexican Street Corn Bowls with Grilled Chicken deliver the perfect balance of hearty, nutritious flavor while enjoying the convenience of pre-packaged ingredients. Perfect for fall, Roast Chicken and Vegetable Soup only requires three ingredients and hungry loved ones for a hearty meal worth celebrating.
For more original and easy-to-prepare fall recipes, nutrition facts and information, visit Dole.com or follow on Facebook, Instagram, Twitter and Pinterest.
Mexican Street Corn Bowls with Grilled Chicken
Preparation time: 20 minutes
Cooking time: 8 minutes
- 1 cup dry instant brown rice
- 1 1/4 pounds boneless, skinless chicken breasts
- 2 large cobs of fresh corn, silks and husks removed
- 1 1/2 tablespoons olive oil
- 3/4 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/2 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 3 Dole limes, juice only (about 3 tablespoons), divided
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh cilantro
- 1/4 teaspoon smoked paprika
- 2 tablespoons grated parmesan
- 1 pkg. (12.9 ounces) DOLE® Chopped Chipotle & Cheddar Kit
- 1 Dole avocado, peeled, pitted and thinly sliced
- 1 cup chopped Dole pineapple
- Prepare the grill for grilling directly over medium-high heat. Prepare the rice according to the instructions on the package.
- Brush all sides of chicken and corn with oil; Sprinkle with salt and pepper. Place chicken and corn on hot grill; cover and cook 8 min. or until grill marks appear and internal temperature of chicken reaches 165 F, turning chicken once and corn frequently. Transfer chicken and corn to cutting board; let stand 5 minutes. Cut corn kernels from cobs into a medium bowl. Slice chicken 1/4 inch thick across.
- Add 1 tablespoon lime juice, cilantro and paprika to corn; mix and stir in the parmesan. In a small bowl, whisk together dressing from salad kit and remaining lime juice.
- Serve rice in bowls topped with avocado, pineapple, chicken, corn mixture and remaining salad kit drizzled with dressing mixture.
Roasted Chicken and Vegetable Soup
Preparation time: 15 minutes
Cooking time: 35 minutes
- 1 DOLE® Homestyle Roasted Herb Sheet Pan Meal Starter Kit
- 1 container (32 ounces) chicken broth
- 1 cup whole wheat pasta shells, cooked
- Prepare the hob starter kit according to the instructions on the package. Transfer to a cutting board and carefully cut the chicken and vegetables into 1/2 inch pieces.
- In a medium saucepan over medium-high heat, bring the chicken broth to a boil. Stir in pasta shells, chicken and vegetables. Reduce heat to medium. Cook 5 minutes, or until heated through, stirring occasionally.