HOUSTON – He knows a thing or two about tailgating thanks to his famous stepfather, legendary Hall of Famer Terry Bradshaw.
Chef Noah Hester, the award-winning Texas chef turned reality TV star thanks to his starring role on E! Entertainment’s hit show “The Bradshaw Bunch,” shut down by Houston Life with easy recipes perfect for football season.
The first is a delicious way to elevate any frozen burger patty: a cheeseburger burrito.
The second is a cocktail creatively named after the Hall-of-Famer’s legendary nickname, and perfect for making ahead and in a batch.
Hester, who has been a professional chef for over 20 years, is married to Bradshaw’s daughter, Lacey Hester, and is the current Brand Manager of Bradshaw Bourbon.
To see the full interview and Hester’s tips, watch the video above.
Cheese Burger Burrito
Recipe courtesy of Noah Hester
■ 1 patty of 8 oz (per person)
■ 1 slice of your favorite cheese
■ 1 12-inch flour tortilla
■ ½ cup shredded iceberg lettuce
■ 2 slices of tomato
■ 6 dill pickle crisps
■ Special sauce
■ ¼ cup diced onion
■ 2 tbsp. Mayonnaise
■ 1 tbsp. Ketchup
■ 1 tbsp. Mustard
■ 1 tbsp. pickle relish
■ ½ tsp. Worcestershire
■ ½ tsp. Tabasco
■ Salt and pepper
1. Preheat a grill, skillet, or griddle to medium-high.
2. Take the patty straight out of the freezer and season with salt and pepper.
3. Place frozen, on preferred cooking surface.
4. While the burger cooks in a small bowl, combine all the wet ingredients for the “special sauce”.
5. Cook the burgers 4 to 5 minutes on each side
6. 1 minute before removing from the heat, place your slice of cheese on the galette to melt it.
7. Remove from the heat and let stand for a minute.
8. While the galette is resting, briefly heat the flour tortilla on each side.
9. Cut the burger in half down the middle to get 2 half-moon shaped patties.
10. Place the flour tortilla on a cutting board, lay the lettuce, tomato, pickles and onion, followed by the two patties touching end to end.
11. Drizzle with special sauce, roll it up like a burrito and enjoy!
Bomber Bradshaw Bourbon Blonde
■ 2 oz. by Bradshaw Bourbon
■ 0.75 oz. lemon juice
■ 0.75 oz. simple syrup
■ Garnish with a wedge of cherry or lemon
1. Add all ingredients to a shaker filled with ice
2. Shake and strain into a highball glass with ice
3. Add your favorite toppings and enjoy!
For more information, click here.
Copyright 2022 by KPRC Click2Houston – All Rights Reserved.