Date of fasting and prayer Yogini Ekadashi, times:
Ekadashi Tithi Begins – 9:41 PM June 23, 2022
Ekadashi Tithi Ends – 11:12 PM June 24, 2022
June 25, Parana time – 05:41 to 08:12
The day of Parana Hari Vasara End Moment – 05:41
(Sour: Drip Pachang)
Meaning of Yogini Ekadashi 2022:
It is believed that fasting during Yogini Ekadashi and remembrance of Lord Vishnu can purge all past and present sins and fulfill all wishes of observers. Devotees also hope to gain salvation by fasting on this day. According to legends, fasting on Yogini Ekadashi is like feeding 88,000 Brahmins. The fast breaks the next day after sunrise, which is called Ekadashi Parana.
(Also Read: 7 Aloo Recipes For Vrat You Can Make Easily In 30 Minutes)
Yogini Ekadashi 2022 Vrat Ritual And Foods To Have:
Like all other Hindu religious festivals, the consumption of meat, onion, garlic, whole grains, lentils and pulses is prohibited. Milk, fruit, and other fat-friendly foods are allowed.
Here are some vrat-friendly foods you can have for Yogini Ekadashi:
1. Sabudana Recipes: You can use sabudana (tapioca pearls) to make vada, khichdi, kheer and more. Here are some recipes you can try.
2. Kuttu Recipes: While kuttu puri is most popular during the festival, you can also make cheela, paratha and more of these recipes with it.
3. Samak rice: This is a special rice allowed during fasting. Here are three easy recipes you can make with samak ke chawal.
4. Singhara Recipes: Singhara is a true-friendly flour that can be made into delicious dishes. Here are 10 recipes you can try.
5. Makhana Recipes: Makhana kheer, makhana khichdi and other delicious dishes can be prepared with makhana for fasting. Check out these recipes.
Happy Yogini Ekadashi 2022!