Many of us have been playing the strategic and complex game for a long time, but without knowing the proper and official rules.
For anyone over the age of 18 who wants to take part in a little toy show – responsibly – here’s the full list of rules for the big night.
What is the Late Late Toy Show Drinking Game?
Everyone’s favorite Facebook page, The Late Late Toy Show Drinking Game, premiered the game in 2011, with the page used as an outlet for sharing your own versions of the game or indulging in the official rules.
As you’d expect, there’s a drinking rule whenever there’s one for everyone in the audience, when a toy isn’t working, and when “batteries not included” is mentioned, but there has so much more to look forward to. as the list becomes more complex.
Choose your poison Extra.ie readers, because here are the official rules first created in 2016.
What are the Official Late Late Toy Show Drinking Game Rules?
1. “There’s one for everyone in the audience.”
2. When a toy doesn’t work or Tubs can’t make it work
*Two glasses of your glass.
3. Tubs are trying to be cool or making a joke
*A glass of your glass.
4. The group bonus
*When a band is playing, take two drinks from your glass.
5. Choir or group of children
*A drink for each member of the choir. Once you have finished your glass/bottle you can stop or continue if you wish.
6. When a puppet is in the show, eg Dustin, Socky, Bosco, etc.
* Two glasses of your glass
7. Celebrity guest trying to promote their DVD/book/movie etc.
* One drink per promoted
8. Audience participation.
* Tubs asks a random person a question. One drink per correctly answered question. Also a drink if everyone wins the prize
9. The overpriced toy
* When an extremely overpriced toy is shown, have a drink.
10. When an updated version of an old toy is shown, for example yet another Elmo doll.
* A beverage. Two if the toy is actually Elmo.
11. Whenever they mention the phone contest
*Take a shot
12. If Santa Claus makes an appearance or “rings” the bathtubs
* Have what’s left in your glass/can/bottle.
13. Whenever Tubs mentions a toy is Irish-made
*A glass of something Irish (eg Guinness, Jameson) or 2 glasses of something non-Irish
14. Every time a child ignores Tubs and keeps talking about the toy they’re playing with.
*A glass of your glass. [Submitted by Tadgh Williams]
15. The Parade of Cars
* Cascade until the end of the parade of cars. Sit down if you finish your drink. [Submitted by Darren Bowles]
16. Batteries not included
* Whenever Tubs mentions that a toy doesn’t include batteries – take a drink.
Whether you’re a college student looking for a cheap night out or a former Toy Show kid looking to relive your childhood with a spicy twist, we have to admit, the Toy Show Drinking Game looks awesome.
That said, it’s always best to drink responsibly and most of these rules are a little ironic, so make sure you don’t take them too seriously and always remember when enough is enough.
Will you or any of your friends be testing this on Friday?